About Me

My photo
Me Grokar, To Grok. Me understand what you humans don't. Me not average troll. Me know things.Things to make humans weep and cry for the lack. Let me wisdom you with club of knowledge.

Blog Archive

Thursday, January 24, 2013

On Violence and Idiocy


Dear Morons,

If you think this is an impolite way of talking to you, then you probably deserve it. The people who I do not deem as moronic, know they have not committed any huge acts of idiocy to earn the title, and are therefor not offended.

So, if you are asking, "Why am I a moron, and how can I fix this?" I commend you. You are probably not, because if you are aware of how idiotic you are, then you probably aren't anymore.

I'm talking to you, Senator Leeland Yee, Ralph Nader, the NRA and all the others who are proclaiming ""We are in the peak of [violence in entertainment]. Television program violence? Unbelievable. Video game violence? Unprecedented,"

I've got a story to tell you gents. So listen up.

I play games. I am a gamer.

Last night, I played a little Borderlands 2 with some friends,
We had a blast, we caught up on our daily lives, hadn't talked in a while due to work, and this was our time to relax and chill. My friends live nearly an hour or so away, so not really feasible for me to see them after work a lot. So we play games together. it gives us something to do that isn't just chatter via an IM window. It has excitement and story. We had a grand time of it. All digital, a little stress relief at the end of a long day.

Let me tell you what we didn't do.

We didn't go out and beat or kill anyone.
We didn't go out on a rampage or killing spree.
We didn't go out and buy tons of guns and ammo because the games told us to.

We're not stupid, we're adults. Adults who have been playing games for most of our lives.
You criticize and find "links" in violence cases like grasping at straws to link things to your favorite scapegoat, mostly because you probably don't understand it and it bugs you that you can't control it.

We're in a peak of violence in entertainment?

Bitch please.

When was the last time a gamer purchased a whole caravan of slaves and forced them into gladiatorial combat against veterans and/or wild animals to get torn apart for the glory of the mob?

When was the last time a gamer donned his armor, and shoved a lance out to try and bash in the armor of a competing knight, or swung his mace and sword in a grand melee?

Or hey, what's the last major injury you saw from a wild night of gaming? I mean it's not like we toss a ball into a field, and then slam our skulls into each other, attempting to tackle and menace each other in the attempt to move said ball back and forth on a field. That would be football.


What we do, we do digitally, it doesn't harm anyone, countless, peer reviewed (That means fact checked for your moronic brain) studies have found no link between violence in game media and actual violence.

I'm a gamer, and I am not a violent person.

I'm not going to threaten or cajole, that would make this whole post hypocritical, and I am definitely not a hypocrite. That would be you, who say you serve the people. However I'm a gamer, and also a person, and one of your constituents, and you are definitely not doing me any service.

So I guess that makes you a potential for unemployment soon.

Maybe it will give you some free time to play a game or two.

Love and Kisses,
Me.






No comments: