About Me

My photo
Me Grokar, To Grok. Me understand what you humans don't. Me not average troll. Me know things.Things to make humans weep and cry for the lack. Let me wisdom you with club of knowledge.

Blog Archive

Friday, December 25, 2009

In reflection



“A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow.” - William Shakespeare

This may seem like an odd subject for a post on the holidays, and in that thinking you would be correct. But then when has anything that I have ever done NOT been odd?

As we come to the close of this time of year, I tend to spend a lot more time in seclusion at home, not because I have overgrown a tolerance for people, though Dickens does tend to overload my ability to deal with large groups, but rather because I sit back and take a few weeks to reflect on the nature of the past year, and previous years before it and try to see where my life has gone and is going in the next year and years to come.

One of the things I reflect on, are not only the positive, but also the negative aspects of what I have been through, and I find the positives in them. I have become stronger for them. The kidney stone has prompted dietary changes which in the long run will make me hale and heartier than I was, and more than likely prolong my life, things like that.

These are merely the basic concepts of my reflection, whereas instead what spans more of my consciousness at this time of year and also means more to me, are the friends and people of my life.

I have had people grow closer, and others grow more distant. I have lain old antagonisms to rest (and not in the way that many of you would suspect of me.) I have achieved and made new and hopefully true and lasting new friendships.

To each and every one of you, I am speechless. The words of gratitude and thanks in every language I could think of or speak them in are not enough to thank you for being in my life.

From a week of friendship, to an ongoing one of over 17 years of being friends, you, to me are the greatest gift I could ever have. In this year, and in reflection, I have made and solidified some of the greatest friendships I could ever dream of. Ones that I can see lasting for many years to come.

I have squandered my days with plans of many things.
you were not among them.

On this day, 6 days from the year 2010, I give the greatest thanks I could think of or express to all of you, my friends, who I hold most dear in my heart and mind and will remember for all my years until those memories fade and pass into the dust of time, to which I give this writing, and write it in a physical journal as permanence of my testimony to you.

Thank you. I often say friendship and affection is earned, and not given. You all have earned it beyond my ability to return.

Thank you. And the most joyful holiday wishes I can give to you and all of yours. May your sleep be peaceful, your days be filled with love and joy, and may all your endeavors, friendships and life be as rich as you have made mine.

-James

No comments: