About Me

My photo
Me Grokar, To Grok. Me understand what you humans don't. Me not average troll. Me know things.Things to make humans weep and cry for the lack. Let me wisdom you with club of knowledge.

Blog Archive

Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back, and seeing forward.


I usually start out with a quote of wisdom I have gleaned from much more intelligent, eloquent and knowledgeable people. This morning I am going to do things a differently. Here is something I wrote while talking to a friend that I feel is especially important to remember.

"Life is comprised of moments, and not every single one can be euphoric, but if in a bad day, you can find just one moment, a song, a dance, a hello from a friend, that changes bad to good just for an instant, I think that maybe that day was worth it.

Don't focus on the life surrounding those instances, but instead consider that life surrounds them so that they can happen to break the monotony of things in brilliant shining points. People often notice the sky is blue , and you get comments occasionally about how pretty it looks today. But the stars, are always fascinating and beautiful."
- Me


Here we are 2010, and I for one, am ready to meet you and say "This will be a better year"
Some of us had a great 2009. New beginnings, a number of good friends got engaged, and I am very happy for them. Others still are expecting new children on the way, which they have always wanted, and this too makes me happy. The joy they feel in their lives, I have gotten to share in, and those moments are what made things tolerable. It should have been more though. We have, many of us, had a rough year. Financially, mentally, emotionally, physically, and all sorts of ly's that make up our lives may have been affected this year one way or another. Then tonight, as I drove hope, I had to rethink my previous threats towards the new defunct year. I for one, have been threatening to salt and burn the bones of 2009 after a variety of other moderately unsafe practices towards the year, and in retrospect I think I am wrong to have done so. 2009 was not a great year, but I am alive, I am whole, and I have friends who love me, many of which I made this year, and seem to be in the process of making lifelong friends with. Could it really have been that bad with all that?

As the new year rolls in, it is common to make resolutions. I will lose weight, I will not fall in love so easily, I will learn to be a ninja and turn those skills to vigilante justice aka The Goddamn Batman. If I may suggest a different resolution to all of you (Though the Batman one is a keeper, so hang onto it.)

I make the resolution to not just hope for a better 2010, but instead I will MAKE it a better year for myself and those around me.

I will not allow circumstances to take me down, but instead will find joy in the moments I can spend doing things and being with people that are special to me.

These are my resolutions to all of you, here in this public post. 2010 will be a good year for me, because I choose to make it so.

As we come into this new year, I hope all of you can make the same choice I do, by not just hoping for a better year, but actively pursuing the positive course of your life.
I look forward to sharing my moments, a great many of them, with all of you.

Here is a toast to 2009, to teaching us to appreciate what we really have and how to make our lives better ones to live.

And to 2010, I look forward to this future, to which you are the start of.

Also yes, I am wearing a Tiara in that picture, you want to make an issue of it?

No comments: